Our slag processing plants are custom-designed for each application.
- For carbon steel slags: after screening of slag materials our magnetic separation process ensures the highest level of metal recovery. Through further crushing and screening, the scrap can be upgraded to high-Fe material for use as coolant scrap in the mill. The residual slag is sold as an aggregate.
- For stainless steel slags: our wet milling process recovers the metal and grinds the slag down to a fine powder for recycling in a variety of markets.
Carbon Steel slags
Our standard offering includes:
- Full Recovery of all available Fe units
- Savings compared to expensive purchased scrap/ore
- Scrap grades and properties generated add the most value to the Customer’s steelmaking process after recycling
- Efficient Upgrading of recovered metallics at all size fractions up to 98% Fe
- Consistent quality & volume of recovered metallics =>Rigorous quality assurance testing
- Saleable aggregate from residuals
Material screening standards
- Reciprocating feeder allows fine control of material throughput without affecting grizzly efficiency
- Separate vibrating grizzly feeder
- 3 rows of custom designed fingers to ensure minimum amount of carry-over into over-size bunker
- Separate undersize vibrating pan feeder
- Fully enclosed to minimise any dust emissions
Magnetic separation standards
- Large diameter electromagnetic deep-field rotating drum magnet
- Vibrating magnet feeder ensures material is spread over entire magnet face
- Adjustable apex splitter to ensure accurate scrap quality
- Rotating cross-belt overband magnet to extract any metal missed by the drum magnet, particularly large pieces of scrap
- Regular magnet checks with Gauss meters ensure correct magnet field strength
- Magnetic head pulleys with adjustable field used for upgrading of metallic fines and extracting any missed metal from fine slag